Should Your Students Be Watching Speeches?





What are some good examples of informative speaking?

When I was in the classroom, I loved to show my students examples of good speeches. It helps improve your student's listening skills and helps them see what they're trying to aim for. And if you can combine that with speeches full of good information to learn, then it's even better!

If you want your students to also be writing while watching speeches, there are a lot of good resources out there. This one is my personal favorite, from TeachersPayTeachers author Laura Randazzo. Check it out!

Here are a few of my favorite speeches. You can even tell the students to watch these at home!


Title
URL
Time
The Math Behind Basketball’s Wildest Moves
12:08
A Simpler Way to Break A Bad Habit*
9:24
The Amazing Story of the Man Who Gave Us Modern Pain Relief*
13:51
*does contain one swear word

If you only have time for one, the first one is my all-time favorite and my students loved learning from it!


Let your students watch speeches! It will only make them stronger speakers themselves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2019 by So to Speak. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Back to Top